Precision Temp RV 550 NSP Water Heater
The RV 550 NSP comes with all of the features of the RV 550, but vented through the floor with a 2" exhaust pipe. It is high efficiency heater that utilizes the VariFlame Control technology, and can produce up to 55,000 BTUs.
HOW IT WORKS
- Hot water tap is turned on
- Flow sensor detects flow of cold water coming in
- The burner is automatically ignited
- Water is intantly heated up as it circulates through the heat exchanger and out the tap
- Never run out of hot water again!
- Designed specifically for RVs
- The standard RV-550 takes up half the space and weighs one third as much as a ten-gallon tank. The 550-NSP is even smaller and lighter, and is vented through a 2” exhaust pipe in the floor.
- No pilot light and very high efficiency
- Straightforward installation
- Reliable, proven VariFlame technology control system
- To winterize, just open a valve and it drains in seconds. There is no need for a bypass kit. Or you can add antifreeze, but don’t buy extra—it holds less than a pint.
Type: Tankless propane-fired water heater with full gas modulation. Vented through floor and cold weather protection.
Dimensions: 13.5″ wide x 13.5″ deep x 14.25″ high
Weight: 26.5 pounds
Capacity: 55,000 BTUs max input (88°F temperature rise / gal / minute)
16,000 BTUs min input (26°F temperature rise / gal / minute)
Venting: Through the floor by 2″ exhaust pipe, power vented.
Construction: Galvanized case.
Head exchanger: Solid copper.
Gas train: Stainless flame strips with aluminized steel bodies.
Water Temperature: Infinitely adjustable.
Controls: Gas modulation valve assembly initiates spark ignition and varies gas input based on water flow rate, controlling water outlet temperature.
Safety Features: Pilotless ignition, completely dormant until water flow is initiated.
ECO high temperature limit switch.
Instant flame-proofing by flame rectification.Pressure relief valve.
Certified to ANSI Z21.10.3 / CSA 4.3 Standards
Due to continuous product improvement, PrecisionTemp reserves the right to change specifications at any time.
Ships from: Cincinnati, OH..
Ships within: 1-6 Business Days.
Loose Wires - When I received this unit there were loose wires inside. The freeze protection circuit had not been connected. I had to open the case and connect these wires.
Water Leak - When water was turned on to the unit, the flowmeter leaked at the bottom threaded connection. After consultation with Precision Temp I removed and reinstalled the flowmeter several times, but it still leaked. They sent a new flowmeter and after multiple tries finally got the leak stopped.
Ignition Problem - After the unit was completely installed, with water, propane, and power all turned on, the unit would not fire up. Again after consultation with Precision Temp it was determined that the ignitor probe was grounded to the fuel grid. The gap was adjusted and the unit operated.
Still having ignition problems! We have readjusted the ignition gap several times, but the unit only fires up intermittently. I asked if there was a service tech in the area of eastern Idaho and was told there in not. The unit was winterized last fall and will be reactivated late this spring. The tiny house design and layout was predicated on using this model water heater, so replacing it with different design would require major modifications to the structure. If we can't get the current unit to operate correctly, I may be faced with purchasing a new RV 550 NSP ($$$$) and scraping the one I purchased through Tiny Life Supply.