The PowerSpout PLT is a Pelton turbine which on a suitable site can produce up to 1.6kW 24/7, 365 days a year.
This model is great for flows with a large head drop and a low flow rate. It is designed to directly charge 12v 24v or 48v batteries or connect directly to a grid-tied inverter. A good choice for off-grid installations where the turbine is within 100ft (30meters) of the battery bank or a grid-tied installation where the turbine is less than 2000ft away from inverter location. If off-grid, turbine will Require a load dump charge controller to protect the battery bank. This turbine can reach power output of up to 1500 watts.
PLT TURBINE COMES WITH
- 2 Jets and 2 valves (2” BSP standard - NPT optional)
- A mid-range oil filled pressure gauge
- Manual grease fitting as standard
- 2m of 4mm2 tinned PV wire for +/-/earth
- 2 x MC4 cable connectors
- 4 x Tek screw fixing kit
- 4 spare jet inserts
- Rotor packing set kit included if we consider them likely to be required
- 3 year warranty on standard (under 1200W) and 2 years on turbines over 1200W power output.
Common version available are PLT 14/28/40/56/80/170/200/350. The number refers to the operating voltage, cable voltage or "MPPV". The runaway voltage off load or "Voc" can be as much as 3 x higher. So for example the PLT200 will work well with a grid tied inverter at 200V but may produce voltage approaching 600V when the inverter is not drawing power from the turbine.
- Up to 1300W continuous production (production dependent upon resource head)
- Units are designed to be installed in parallel to capture very large flowrates
- Operates from 3meters of head up to 100m (10ft-328ft)
- Over 6 years continuous field operation with zero maintenance.
- Grease Zerk fitting for easy bearing maintenance.
- Large-diameter direct-drive permanent magnet generator.
- 68% Recycled materials use in manufacturer
- 100% Renewable energy used in production.
- No exposed rotating parts or electrical connections.
- Fully protected from the elements - weatherproof.
- 3 year warranty
- Static head range: 3 to 160m (10 – 525 feet)
- Dynamic head range: 3 to 130m (10 – 430 feet)
- Maximum flow/turbine: 8-10 l/s (130 – 160 gpm)
- Minimum flow/turbine: 0.05 l/s (0.8 gpm) at maximum head
- Dimensions: 470 x 400 x 430 mm (18.5 x 15.7 x 17 inches)
- Maximum power: 1200W (Standard) or 1600W (HP)
- Common version available PLT 14/28/40/56/80/170/200/350 (the number refers to the operating voltage Vo, the runaway Voc can be 3 x higher)
- Maximum current rating 32 amp (optional upgrade to 50 amp possible for PLT14 or PLT28 turbines)